KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Motorcycle Portraits

This is a picture of the first motorcycle portrait on wood that I ever did!  My fellow worker, a nurse, wanted to surprise her hubby and asked if I could do it.  She had seen some of my hubby's and my other cut outs and artwork and she had confidence that I could do this.  I tackled it and this was the result using a very good colored photograph as my model.  Hubby cut out the shape in pine, cutting the left leg out separately so that we could make it a ledge hanger.  It sets flat on a mantel or shelf and the leg hangs over.  This makes it very dimensional! My friend was thrilled with the result and so was her hubby.  Since that time, I have done about a half dozen more as I did not advertise but through word of mouth was able to get more commissioned work.  I am really proud of this particular craft as I knew nothing about motor cycles but put all the details on it and it sure looked like her husband and his bike!  And with sun glasses, it was easier to do the face.   Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are so versatile, Kerrie - nice job. My friend in California would like something like this because he rides a bike and so does most of my family in Germany.

    Nice to be back online! Hasn't the weather been wonderful? I hope your husband is doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Kerrie! I didn't know you could do that! Love it!

    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!