KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

KRAFTY SATURDAY

Good Saturday to you!  I have a great craft for you today and I think you will like it!  Don't know what to do with all those calendars now that we are winding down the year of 2010??  Well for years I have been making envelopes and wrapping paper from them!  And this is how:
Fold calendar page as you would a letter in thirds.

Then glue the bottom pocket on 1/4" both sides of the envelope or:
Stitch as I have here on the sewing machine


Add a sticky label and your return label and on the back close with decorative seal or initial sticker as I have done here.
This is a wonderful, easy craft for your kids, grandkids, college kids who will love these home-made beauties when receiving them in the mail!
I also made a pencil box last year for myself by folding the heavy calendar picture to accommodate the length of the pencils, embellished it with glued on rick-rack in gold and 2 buttons that I cut the loop off of the back and glued flat on the box.  As you can see, I use this.


And last but not least, use the calendar pages to wrap small gifts!



I sure hope you like these simple craft ideas today and please let me know if you do by commenting!  Have a most wonderful weekend and do visit my other blogs when you can, Thanks!!

Kerrie's Home Journal http://kerrieshomejournal.blogspot.com/ My newest Christian blog.
♥Kerrie♥
My heart to yours...

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have so many old calendars stacked in my closet ... now I know what to do with them :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea for envelopes!!! Very pretty!... Hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!