KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PIZZA BOX CRECHE...

UH-HUH!  You heard right, I made a creche display from a pizza box.  The box is from a pizza I bought at the grocery store-ha! 
   It already had the arched cutout.  I immediately thought of the manger scene and covered it with Christmas wrapping paper. 
   All the little creche figures are ones I purchased at the dollar store, $1.00 for the set a few years ago. 
>I put colored paper inside the bottom of the box and then raffia for anchoring the figures. 

>I poked a hole in the back and hung the angel with thread under her wings and back through the hole. 

>The candles are from the dollar store also and work on 2 AA batteries. 

>The cow and donkey under the creche were odd pieces I found over the years.

   This project took about 15 minutes - tops!  It makes a cute little display on the bookcase near the front door.  Can you think of any other way you could use the Pizza box??  Maybe a fireside Santa scene?  Or your children could draw figures and cut them out.  Then paste to the back of the box.....


If you make one of these, please send me a picture to feature, I would love that! 


♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours...

3 comments:

  1. How creative Kerrie..now who would ever have thought of that! I'm astonished!

    Thanks for showing us this.:o)

    xo
    Donna @ Comin' Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well who would have thought?!!!.. Kerrie, that is the sweetest little nativity set, and I LOVE how you put it together the way you did! So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea, Kerrie. I love to recycle. You did a great job with that - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!