KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

HOME MADE ORNAMENTS


TODAY I AM SHARING some of our home made wooden ornaments and one of my clay ornaments.  My hubby creates these wonderful ornaments with his scroll saw and then we paint them.  They are a beautiful addition to any tree or hanging along the fireplace mantel.  It is hard to part with them after Bill makes them.  So sometimes we sell them and sometimes not - ha!  That is the trouble with home made wood items, you get attached to them after you have lovingly created them with your own two hands.  It is the same when I paint.  I have sold oil paintings only to have to paint the same scene again for my own enjoyment and to hang in my own home.
Cardinal Ornament

I created this small clay elf atop a clay covered ball ornament.  It was baked in the oven to harden it and kept in the attic all through the year.  I was most happy to bring it out again and it makes me smile when I look at his little face.
Thanks for visiting and come again soon!  Don't forget to visit my other two blogsites for more of Christmas.  Links are in my side-bar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!