KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Decorating for Fall

I LOVE decorating for fall! Everything is so bright and colorful, full of life even though is the end of a summer season!  This metal Rooster was a gift from my Sis-in-law, Sue a couple of years ago.  Other than a candle, I had not decorated it much.  It hit me today that I could put fall leaves to accentuate the Rooster tail and feathers.  So I bought a bush of fall leaves at the Dollar Store and a sprig of leaves with berries and gourd.  This is the end result and I am most pleased!  I also bought the vanilla candle in the $ store.

I placed him on the rolling cart in the kitchen and it looks wonderfully fallish and cheery!


This Pilgrim Cookie Jar I found at Cracker Barrel on sale after the season a few years ago.  I loved it but it was $25.00 when I first saw it and I would not buy it.  Later on, it was marked  half price and I was thrilled.  I always use it for my October and November (Thanksgiving) table.  This year I added the pumpkin, $5. at Wal-mart and the smaller one for $1.49.  I added a bow with fall leaves on it (the spool of ribbon $1 at $ store).  Lastly, I added the candle with corn on it that I bought at a white elephant sale in our community!   I love all these economical but most pleasing decorations.  What have you come up with???  I would love to see, send me pictures!


Thanks so much for visiting and do come again soon!  I will be painting tiny acorns to look like pumpkins!!

Have a blessed Sunday tomorrow and thank God for all the blessings he has given us and all of those that are yet to come!

We are blessed so that we may bless others with our understanding, caring and support.  Thank someone you love for being there for you!

♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!