KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

ACORN PUMPKINS

Okay, so here are the Acorn Pumpkins I promised!!  I used Acrylic paints:
red, orange, yellow, brown, black, and green.

Live Oak Acorns (or the larger variety for larger pumpkins)
I removed the caps from the acorns to reveal the flat surface and turned the nut upside down.  This balances your pumpkin to sit flat.  I gave them 2 coats of orange paint and painted the little point as a stem with brown or black.  I painted the caps with all the colors of fall including a dash of green.  After the orange was dry, I painted the pumpkin features with a fine brush and black.  Just make simple triangles of black and fill in or just outline if you want it to look like a light inside.  I put the caps back on the tops of some just for fun.  This was a fun project and I am sure your painting skills may be better than mine-ha!  Show me what you can do....

 There is a typo on the palette, it should say Acrylic Colors, not "corn"-ha!







2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! They are the cutest little things! Now I wonder where I can find some acorns? There's a tree in the park that has some, but they are very oblong - very longish and would not sit upright...

    Nice job, Kerrie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are the smartest one! These are darling!! You did so well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!