KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mixed Media Painting









This is my finished piece that began from a pen sketch of hubby sitting under a Live Oak Tree at Buck Hall, SC campground.  It is right on the Intercoastal Waterway and very beautiful.  I then colored it with pencils and finished it off with some watercolor.  Hubby just framed it for me this afternoon and I wanted to share.  You don't need to be a Picaso to make your memories come alive on paper from a photograph.  Just pick your favorite and start drawing.  So what if it looks primitive?? It is for your enjoyment and sometimes that makes the prettiest picture and the most interesting.  The more you draw, the better you will become.  Your eye will become trained to see the details in nature and the colors in the sky, land and water.  Give it a whirl.  You will be surprised what your little sketches look like when framed.
   Hope you are having a blessed and enjoyable Sunday!! 
Thanks for visiting and do come again often! 
         Kerrie ♥

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when I find a blogger with several blogs; I never know which one to comment on.....so I chose this one. I love it that you are doing artwork that you love and are sharing it with all of us. Maybe I'll get courageous and do the same.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!