KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Ornament-Easy

This is a super simple craft and a recycle.  Most everything we buy comes in clear molded plastic packaging.  This one had AA batteries in it.  I cut the trim where it was glued to the cardboard and this made a very nice little recessed frame.  I used a vintage Christmas graphic from the Graphics Fairy ( all graphics are free and you can look for graphics by category or holiday) I glued a lavender piece of paper to the back of the graphic.  I used clear adhesive photo corners to put the card in and pressed at the corners onto the plastic frame.

Measures 3 1/2 X 3"


I then enhanced the figure by going over her details with jell pens. Then I used the little Christmas Tree and snowman that were from the Dollar Tree that came in a package with snow flakes, trees and snowmen all in one package! I put some snow flakes on the back of the ornament with a little stick glue. I used a small hole punch to make the holes to put the green ribbon hanger through and tied a bow at the top.
Then I wrote Noel down the left side of the graphic. This is a great project for
children, too. You can print several copies of the graphic and use for card making, too.
I would love to see what you are inspired to do with a little recycled frame like this one. Happy Krafting and thanks for coming!!

This was a fun project taking only 15 minutes.
My Krafty Heart to yours...

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea. I love recyling and this is a perfect one to use. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!