KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Easy Ornaments from Fabric Scraps

Nothing personal, but you are all full of Turkey!! ha, ha, ha! to see our silly Thanksgiving tradition go to my Kerrie's Korner SC blog.  We hope your day was wonderful and that you were making new memories....
  We celebrated with only one daughter as everyone was out of town. Later in the afternoon, I was in the mood to make some ornaments that I had seen on line and was experimenting.






















This one was very simple!  I just cut some red and white felt into a simple Christmas Tree.  2 small pieces of red and 2 white. I sewed down through the middle of the tree at the same time catching the green ribbon for the hanger in back.  Then I just fanned out the branches!  The back side is flat so it would make a great gift tie-on as well.
Next, I sewed 4 different fabric scraps together in strips about 1/2 inch wide.  I drew a Christmas tree shape lightly on the strips and cut two shapes at once with the pinking sheers.  It has the quilted look on both sides and the ribbon hanger was stitched between the 2 shapes. I stitched over my light pencil shape and then cut with the pinking sheers close to the stitching.  I really like the way these came out and they also would make a good gift tie-on and ornament.  I hung them on the mantle pegs to see what they looked like.

Our daughter liked them so much, they all went home with her-ha!  She said she would treasure them as they are special...
  I love creating things and I know all of you do, also.  Very little skill is needed for these projects and you could even glue the shapes together or sew by hand if you do not have a sewing machine.  Happy Krafting and come again soon!
My Krafty heart to yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!