KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Original Baby Bonnet design

UPDATE:  THIS WAS A ONE OF A KIND ITEM AND IT IS SOLD!  THANKYOU for visiting and come back soon.I have created a new Baby Ski Bonnet of a wool blend varigated yarn.  I used a combination of cross stitches, single and dbl crochet.  I used picot stitch to trim the face edge and was pleased with the result.  It is stuffed with tissue to show form.


I love all hand and lap work that I can sit while watching TV and make myself useful!  I am not so good at improvising with knitting but crochet is much easier for me at least to created my own shapes and stitches.  This yarn was so nice to work with. (Bernat wool blend)  It is so soft!  Now I just need to make some booties to match.  Now that it is cooler weather I can go back to finishing 2 quilts that I have been working on for literally years now-ha!  One is Cathedral Window Pattern and the other is made from Yo-Yo's.
  My friend of 62 yrs is 67 and is a grandmother to a new Grandson, Ben.  This is her first!!  I am so excited for her and will have to make something special for the new baby boy!  My youngest grandchild is 11 now so I have no little ones to cuddle here.  I make baby items all the time so that I have something on hand for babies that come into my life through friends, old co-workers, etc.  I met my friend in Kindergarden and we taught together in the same school during the 1970's.  She is a wonderful life-long friend and I love her dearly.  She is far away though in miles in Buffalo, NY. 
   Do you have a very special friend from way back in your memories?  Tell me about it.  I would love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!