KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crocheted Easter Eggs

 The perfect project for your yarn scraps: crocheted Easter Eggs. These look great in a basket, perfect for baby to play with and little ones to toss around.


















I started with 3 chain and then joined, making 6 single crochet in the ring.  Adding rows increasing 1 stitch every other chain until the broadest part of the egg is formed.  Then I crocheted a couple of rows and started decreasing the next rows by single crocheting 2 chain at a time every other chain stitch until the tapered end of the egg was formed. Stuff the egg with fiber fill as you decrease the stitches.  Pull yarn through remaining 3 sts and pull end of yarn through egg.

These were so easy to make and a perfect little something for my great granddaughter Sofiah's Easter basket.  Washable and dryer safe.

Spring is coming for sure and I was thinking garlands and greeting cards.  I cut out Swallow shapes from colorful scrapbook papers and made garlands and greeting cards.




Cards with Swallows on them, ribbon bows and cut with scalloped craft scissors. 

I added sayings that I typed out on the computer and cut them out with the scalloped scissors also. 

Envelopes made from last year's Calendar pages-just fold and glue sides. 
Garland of Swallow cut outs glued to a ribbon for over doorways or across shelves, mantel, bedroom valances.  Thank you for coming and do visit again soon!  Leave a comment, I love reading them!

My Krafty heart to yours...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!