KRAFTS AND MORE!

Contents of this blog: Original hand crafted wood items, crochet, sewing, knitting, painting, drawing and also some How to's and craft tips thrown in! Enjoy!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Golden Autumn is coming....

Golden Autumn is coming soon! And my crafty mind is whirling-ha!  A little gold craft paint and some materials from nature and I have instant fall decor!  Here is a little cluster of leaves that fell from the Live Oak tree in the neighbor's yard.  It even had the acorns attached.  I painted the leaves front and back with gold acrylic paint and gave the acorns a touch of orange color.


When we were on our trip to Auburn, NY, I picked up these dried plants from the field across the road from the house we stayed in at the Lake.  I do not know the name of them but an insect causes these round galls to form and they make great decorations for fall bouquets or just in a floor vase all by themselves.

Dried thistle can also be used and I also picked some of them but need to spray paint them with gold as it is impossible to paint them with a brush-ha!
See what you can gather up to give a touch of paint and warm your home for fall.
Thanks so much for visiting and do come again soon!  Check out my Kerrie's Korner SC blogsite to see the lovely butterfly house my hubby made and painted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and please leave a comment, we enjoy them immensely!!